Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The 6'x3' bathroom that took 19 months to renovate (Part 2)

So after a hiatus of 14 months, Birdie's first birthday party became the fire under out butts that we needed to get back on the job. If you want the long story, here it is. But I'll do a quick recap now:

What started out as a simple project of removing a vinyl 3-wall shower and quasi-glass door turned into this:

 

Then this:


 
  

A full bathroom renovation. Not the $400 shower overhaul we thought going into this. Suddenly we were talking about taking up vinyl flooring, replacing the toilet, and doing some fancy details. It was daunting, but it all came to a screeching halt. With Birdie coming in just a few short months, we had other projects that took precedent.

So that brings us to December 2009. We set the date for Birdie's birthday party and ordered the invitations. Then Mr. Nest and I looked at the guest list, then at each other, then around the Neglected Nest. 


(icanhascheezburger.com- hilarious site!)

Yup, that sums it up. We needed to get our butts in gear to get the Nest ready for the party. So Mr. Nest and my dad got back to work. They worked so fast, I didn't have a chance to get pictures. I think the "reveal" makes it worth it though! Now, keep in mind that the entire bathroom is 6'x3'. TINY! So please pardon my crappy pictures.....



  
  
  

I'm so proud of Mr. Nest! He did the tiling all by himself (well, I did 2 rows, but that's all). I love the wall color- reminds me of our trip to the Caribbean. I think I'm most impressed with the way the beadboard and capping turned out. Mr. Nest's attention to detail is poorly represented in my amateur photos here, but let me assure you that it is fantastic in person. Another project done and done well. In my humble opinion, of course. :)

Now to decorate those bare walls. It will need to be kept simple- that bathroom is too small to "junk up." Hmmm. Hope that doesn't take another 19 months!

So what do you think?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That photo of your puppy looks familiar. I should invite him/her (?) over for a TP play date!