Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This one goes out to all my Peeps

I've never really thought twice about marshmallows. They were merely the necessary ingredient in Rice Krispy Treats and campfire s'mores. Lucky Charms were never my thing- they left a gritty sugary film on my teeth. Peeps just grossed me out. It may have something to do with the fact that the first one I ever had was old and stale and slightly deformed. I'd never even seen a Peep before, so I had no idea that they could be pillowy, colorful, playful confections of fun.

My marshmallow world changed last weekend, friends. That is when I tested this recipe from the Gaines Gang. That's right. PEEP S'MORES. Kate got me with this photo

and this one


I wish I'd gotten pictures of the batch I made, but Mr. Nest ate them too fast! So I packaged up Peep S'mores in a Jar for my brother- and sister-in-law, so they could become addicted to these too.



Give it a try- it's fast, easy, and heartbreakingly delicious.

No comments: